Accented letters/diacritics don't work when copying/pasting text

Hi everyone!

I’m having difficulty getting my accented letters to work properly. Once I export the font to the Adobe Fonts folder, I can type the font out with no issues, but if I copy and paste text that includes diacritics, the accented letter does not display and reverts to Illustrator’s default font.

I followed the tutorial and used anchors to create all of my accented letters, when that didn’t work, I decided to create a single test Ccedilla as a complete glyph (without using anchors)… that didn’t work either. In both cases, the font types out perfectly, but breaks when I copy/paste text or change to my font from another font.

Any idea what I might be doing wrong?

Thank you!

Can you send me the .glyphs file please to support (at) (this website without www). I will have a look.

Just sent it! Thank you for having a look.

I exported the font with v.1006 to the Adobe Fonts folder, and the Ç works fine.

1. Are you sure you are testing the right version of the font? Try and give it a different family name to exclude potential font cache problems
  2. How are you typing the characters?
  3. There is no lowercase in your font. Are you sure you typed/pasted uppercase letters?

Thank you so much! This worked perfectly!