Add a filter to include/exclude empty glyphs?

Hello,
would it be possible to create a filter (in the left column) to include/exclude empty glyphs? Could be useful when I want to display only glyphs already drawn (for instance to quick select all non-empty glyphs for word-o-mat)

Thanks

Add a filter that does ‘hasComonents == NO and countOfPaths == 0’.

I see but I need the opposite. I need to see the non-empty glyphs. As filters are AND and not OR, I can’t achieve it.

When you create a new filter, hold down Option, and the plus button will turn into a popup button that gives you logic options.

Amazing!!! it works (but why making this feature secret?)

I agree, this powerful feature should be more obvious. And I doubt users, most of whom will be familiar with smart playlists or smart mailboxes, will be excessively confused by a little more interface complexity.

1 Like

The filter editor is a UI control from Apple. It very difficult to adjust and I don’t have time to completely rebuild it.

3 Likes

It is documented in the handbook.

2 Likes

Is there a way to exclude empty glyphs from export within an instance based on a filter / custom parameter?

You can add a “Remove Glyphs” parameter. Or do you mean a something that automatically detects empty glyphs?

yes. automatic detection of empty glyphs and remove of them on export basicly.

I would suggest a smart filter which sorts empty glyphs for you to manually set them to non-exporting. I use one with an exception for glyphs in the Separator category.

Why do you want to automatically remove all empty glyphs on export?

You could write a script that collects empty glyphs’ names and adds them to a “Remove Glyphs” custom parameter. It would no be automatic on export, though.