Advice on a CAPS only Headline font

May be a silly question so apologies in advance. I’m curious how people would go about this:

I’m creating a CAPS only headline font (i.e. no lower case). This presents a few issues.

Currently I’m creating all uppercase glyphs and just leaving lowercase glyphs out of the font. Is this the best way to do it?

OR:

1, Do I create my A-Z uppercase glyphs, but as lowercase (even if they are CAPS) so that when the user types they don’t need caps lock on?
2, Do I double up? CAPS in both upper and lowercase glyphs?
3, Should I create A-Z uppercase glyphs and include blank lowercase glyphs in the font file?

Also

3, When a font previews in Adobe apps it needs all lower and upper case characters to preview the word ‘Sample’. Any way around this?

Anything else I should consider when created an uppercase only font?

Thanks in advance.

I would pick Option #2. That should solve all your problems.

Put component versions your capitals into the corresponding lowercase letters and put the capital and lowercase letters into the same kern groups.

To do what @DunwichTypeFounders says, you can use a glyph recipe in Glyph > Add Glyphs like:

A=a
B=b
C=c

Thanks for the replies. I don’t seem to be able to find Glyph > Add Glyphs? I’m using Glyphs Mini— is this why?

The add glyphs dialog is not available in Glyphs Mini. You need to add the components manually.