Alernative layer behaving strange suddenly

I’m working on a typeface with alternative layers for some letterforms more suitable for heavier weights in Glyphs 3.1 (3133). The font has two standard axes (Weight ‘wght’ and Optical Size ‘opsz’). However, when exported, the coordinates changes from those set and the variation effect becomes somewhat ambivalent, which feels odd since it worked a couple of weeks ago. Hence, may I please send my document for examination?

Can you explain what do you mean by ‘ambivalent’? What do you see and what do you expect?

Yes, for instance, /f is supposed to cycle through f.varAlt01, f.varAlt02, f.varAlt03 and f.varAlt04 in a linear matter not jump back and forward, and the /A aphex is supposed to get wider with weight but it brakes halfway through and becomes pointy again.

Can you try the latest cutting edge version (activate it in Preferences > Updates)?

I’ll do that.

I tested it with the latest cutting edge version, but my problem remains.

Can you send me the file?

Sure thing :slight_smile: I’ll send it to support@ …

The setup is a bit too complex. This suffices:

The maximums and minimums are implicit.

Not sure if understand. What letter is shown?

I managed to get it working again by deleting some layers in a couple of letters that are not too essential to the project. Anyway, thank you for taking the time.