All objects not "active"

Newbie here. I imported a font, which I am modifying. Some of the glyphs show blanks in the preview, but when I open the glyph, it is there, but does not have a dark line. I do not understand what this state it. Sometime reversing the contour fixes the issue, but I think this is just a work around of a larger issue. As you can see from this screenshot, only one of the objects in the ellipsis is “active”.

Nothing is wrong. You have “Show Master Compatibility” turned on. Turn if off by either Ctl-Opt-Cmd-N or deselect it under View on the menubar.

Nope, that did not do it. I turned off “Show Master Compatibility” and it is still behaving the same way.

What version of Glyphs do you have. Can you try the latest cutting edge version? (activate it in Preferences > Updates).
Or send me the file that I can have a look.

The outlines shown are TT quadratic paths.

Sorry, I do not see this in the screenshot. What do you mean by ‘active’? All three are closed, and should show fine. The color code (View > Show Master Compatibility, Ctrl-Opt-Cmd-N) just indicates the shape order.

Do the dots not show up when you type with the Text tool (shortcut T)? Can you send a screenshot of that

The version where the screenshot was taken still has a problem with the remove overlap and doesn’t display the full outlines for the middle and right shapes. That should be fixed in the latest cutting edge version.

George, how do I get the cutting edge version?

I found it in the preferences. Build 3050.

1 Like