All plugins suddenly crashed

I opened Glyphs today and I got that all plugins crashed. Any clues?
Glyphs Version: 3.0.5 (3116)
macOS Mojave
Tested with Python from homebrew 3.10.2, 3.9.7

Screen Shot 2022-03-08 at 17.24.12

1 Like

That means there is a problem with the python runtime. There ware several people what seem to have problems with it in the last few days. I don’t know what is causing this, yet.

Let me know If you need me to do something to help debug this.

Hi! Same issue there. I have the latest version too + macOS Mojave and all my plugins have stopped working for a few minutes.
I keep seeing them in my reporters tab but when I check them, nothing happens… it’s quite disabling :frowning:

macOS 10.13.6, Intel machine, G3 [3116] – My plugins still work fine.

MacOs Catalina 10.15.7 • Intel • G3 [3116] • Plugins OK

@Gagane can you run this in the macro panel and post what is showing up:

import sys, objc
print(sys.version)
print(objc)

Of course, here is a screenshot:

Thanks for helping!

ps: here is my macOS system. I am on BigSure 11.4, not Mojave sorry!

Your python is OK.

When the plugins stop working, do you get anything in the macro window?

Hi Georg, sorry for my delay I was not at home recently.
No I don’t remember seeing anything. Everything was working fine on Wednesday until the new update at the end of the day. Since then I can’t activate my plugins.
I had to restart my computer / uninstall and reinstall some plugins. It doesn’t work.
How can I do it?
Thank you so much!

ps: I’ve just installed the latest version Glyphs 3.0.5 (3117), it’s still the same.

ok something special has just happened.
It seems that the problem came from my “reporters” panel. When I checked the plugins I wanted to use nothing was happening on my glyphs window. However, I just tested by activating my plugins from the “View” tab. Since then, everything works normally. That’s good!

It was indeed strange: I noticed that all the plugins I checked in my reporters window did not appear checked in the “View” tab. Going through the “View” tab seemed to solve the problem.

Do you have any idea what the problem was?
Thank you for your help and your promptness on the forum. It’s really nice! :dizzy:

Can you try to run this script in the Macro Panel:

import sys
print(sys.version)
import objc
print(objc)

and the post the output?

Of course :

The Reporters panel is a plugin itself and not developed by us. Maybe ask the developer?

Did you actually get the crash message for your plugins?

Ok I see :wink: ! No worries.
No, I had not received any error messages. It was just a bug.

Hi,
Not sure if it’s better to create a new post or revive this older post but I’m having the same problem.
All glyphs crash on oppening and none of my scripts are working anymore.

This is what I get:

What version of Glyphs is that?

Latest, cutting edge 3.0.5 (3129)
I managed to make Glyphs work by installing Glyphs’ Python, but it’s not optimal.

With that other python installation, can you run this script in the Macro window:

import objc
print(objc)