Anchors and alternate diacritics

I’m trying to make an alternate set of uppercase with shorter diacritics. I have an A.ss01 with anchor “test” and dieresiscomb.sso1 with anchor “_test”, but Adieresis.ss01 still gets normal dieresiscomb. Do I assume rightly that to make it work like normal diacritics I have to edit GlyphData? Manually adding components works obviously, but maybe there’s a clever setting or something :slight_smile:

BTW, in Chrome it’s impossible to create a new topic, the text area jumps all the way to the bottom, and when you scroll to get it, new content loads, pushing the bottom farther below. Yay infinite scrolling again.

Not sure I understand what you want to do. Why not use top and _top? They work just as well with alternate marks.

Duh, you’re right, I was irritated because there was no mark cloud. To get it, I would need to edit GlyphData, correct?

Or consistently use standard anchors.

For the mark cloud to work, both base glyphs and marks need corresponding anchors, and the base glyph’s glyph info needs a respective accents entry.

Can you please send me the .glyphs file to support (at) (this website without www). I will have a look and see what is the best solution in your case.

Will definitely do in a few days, thanks Rainer!