Apple Color PNG Font problems: sbix not showing in Photoshop

Can you send me the file?

sent you by mail, thanks!

The font works fine for me in Illustrator and Photoshop. You need to install them in FontBook because Apple color fonts are only supported that way.

The font is beautiful and a very nice example why people should be more enthusiastic about color fonts.

I am installing on fontbook =(

The font shows up at the menu, but the glyphs are all empty.

the “v2” files is when stopped working.

Best

Did you export as TrueType and without removing overlap?

Ok! I was working on other projects and forgot the “remove overlap” activated, my mistake but here are same tests results:

40v2 -
o - remove overlap
o - autohint
o - ttf

— shows up in phtoshop, baseline goes crazy (but I might know what’s going on)

41v2
    o - remove overlap
    x - autohint
    o - ttf

— don’t shows up in photoshop

42v2
    o - remove overlap
    x - autohint
    x - ttf

— don’t export
    Error Message:

Problem with ttf autohint:
    No glyph for a standard character to derive standard width and height.
    Please check the documentation for a list of script-specific standard characters,
    or use option `--symbol'.

one doubt, when you exported it, worked out perfectly?

thanks

I was playing around with this a bit. When exported as ttf and without autohinting (hints for images don’t make sense ;). It did work as expected.

If you export with postscript curves, you need to close all paths, because open paths are ignored and thus the positioning is missing.

worked. — THANKS FOR YOUR HELP
after that I wrote a script for best manners on exporting an Sbix Font (just the export options), @filipenegrao helped me make a cool UI =) https://github.com/diegommaldo/Glyphs-Scripts/blob/master/ExportSbixColorFontSetup.py

1 Like

You can set all of those options as custom parameters. They overwrite the settings in the export dialog.

Hmm, makes sense but is there a Custom Parameter for export folder?
for me it works because when I export other kinda fonts, I won’t forget how it should be setted hehehe

Hi! I just had the same problems with a png sbix font.
When I first exported it, it worked perfect in all Adobe apps. Then on the next day it stopped working in Photoshop. It works fine in Illustrator and in Indesign.
In Photoshop the cursor “writes” but its not visible.

I tried everything you mentioned above, export as ttf, without “remove overlap”, have paths in the baselayers. Also I tried installing it in Font Book.

I’m using Glyphs Version 2.6.5 (1342)

Any Idea?

Why not the latest version? Glyphs 2.6.6 is the latest stable Glyphs 2, and 2.6.7 the latest beta.

Hi! Just tried to export it with the latest Version… same issues.
Btw, Photoshop is also on the latest version.

I didn’t tried lately but photoshop doesn’t support sbix when the font is in the Adobe fonts folder. So make sure you only install it only in Font Book (change the font name, to be sure).

Sorry for the late reply! Its working now! Thanks for your help!!
But I think it was a problem with my Photoshop… I testet it on other peoples macs and it would work just fine… and now its also working on my machine again!

It probably was a font cache problem.