Asc/Desc clipped off

Ok, thank you so much, I’ll try that. I was wondering which method to use. I think I know how to run the script.

A few people have expressed unclarity about it to me recently. I am planning to rewrite it, but would like to know which part exactly is problematic, so I do not make things worse.

I didn’t understand first that I hade to add the Custom Parameters by clicking on + and writing a value. And I still don’t know if this is right? And for the Web Strategy; do I have to add all of these values winAsc, winDesc, typoAsc, typoDesc, typoLineGap, hheaDesc, hheaAsc, hheaLineGap? Is the order important? For me somebody like me it would help with a few pictures of were to enter all this information.

OK, thanks, will update accordingly.

Yes, best to add all of them, or use the script mentioned at the end. The order is not important.

Thank you I appreciate it!

I installed the script mentioned in the tutorial but I can’t see any values for all the parameters.

What happens when you run it?

With “Run it” you mean View–Show Vertical Metrics?

No, installed scripts do not do anything by themselves until you use them. You will find it under Scripts menu at the top.

If nothing appears after choosing the right script, it means that another first step was missing, to install necessary modules (a few more bits and pieces in order to use scripts). In this case, go to Window > Plugin Manager > Modules and install Vanilla.

Installed Vanilla and it looks like this now

Oh, and you need to restart Glyphs. After that, you can try the vertical metrics script. Vanilla is a Python module that allows other scripts to take a graphical interface like windows and buttons; not something you run on its own.

How did you install vanilla? With command Tosche mentioned? For Glyphs 2, you can’t use the latest version as that is not compatible with python 2, any more. The one that is installed by Glyphs should work.

I followed this:https://forum.glyphsapp.com/t/manually-installing-vanilla-module/8807
I couldn’t find Vanilla in the Plugin Manager. I have Glyphs Version 2.6.5 (1342) and MacOS Big Sur

Not in the Plugin Manager. In Preferences > Addones > Modules. You are using Glyphs 2 and some of the tutorials are only for Glyphs 3.

Ok, so maybe that’s what I need to do, update to Glyphs 3. Thank you for taking your time!

This should still work in Glyphs 2.

1. Install modules via Glyphs > Preferences > Addons > Modules > Install Modules.
  2. Install the mekkablue scripts with the Glyphs 2 instructions provided on https://github.com/mekkablue/Glyphs-Scripts/ (there is also a YouTube video)
  3. Restart Glyphs (or better, log out and back in, or restart your Mac)

And then run Script > mekkablue > Font Info > Vertical Metrics Manager.

Thank you, I need to update to 3 anyways. The problem is that if go to Glyphs > Preferences > Addons > Modules > Install Modules I get the wheel and it goes on and on and finally I get this error message

Then there is something going on with your internet connection.
can you try to manually download it with this link: https://github.com/robotools/vanilla/archive/092b748f5187b20b3bf9625d34c2fb2476e87eaa.zip
Unzip it and move the Folder “Lib/vanilla” (the “vanilla” folder in “Lib”) into “~/Library/Application Support/Glyphs/Scripts”.

Yes, I assume a messed up hosts file. @Studioindigo try these steps:

I can actually see that all Scripts are already in the Script folder so I don’t know why I get the error message. Anyways I need to update to Glyphs 3 now so I will try everything again later. Thank you guys for all your support I do appreciate it!