Automatic Alignment is Disable

I have a Lcaron that is composed of two components that are automatically aligned.

When I copy and paste the same two components into the Ldot, they refuse to be automatically aligned. It will show the glyphs are in gray but also give an option for Disable Automatic Alignment even though they aren’t aligned in the first place.

There is also another message that says Automatic Alignment is Disabled
Screenshot 2022-10-27 at 11.36.41

I’ve tried disabling and renabled with the double-click menu and also mekkablue’s Alignment Manager.

As I keep testing, any component I put into Ldot is refusing to be automatically aligned.

Any idea what the issue is?

3.1.1 (3141)

Maybe it’s disabled in fontinfo?

Doesn’t seem like it because everything else auto aligns just fine.

That’s very strange. I’ve followed the same steps in my font file and I can’t reproduce this bug. The same happens when you add components to a blank glyph one by one with cmd+shift+c?

Are there some paths left in that glyph?

No paths. Select All Delete.
I ended up just deleting Ldot and adding it again…and now it works :upside_down_face:

Had that occur to me too. I recreated the glyph and it worked again.

Which build are you using?

3.1.1 (3141)

Do you happen to have a version of the file that shows this?

This has been a problem for quite some time by now. Closing and reopening the file “fixes” this.

I’ll try and find a reproducible set of steps to get this error, but it usually seems to happen when components are manually pasted into a new glyph.

Reference: Automatic Alignment is Disabled