Automatic alignment

The only thing that should be experienced by a person here is to ignore the others for you!

Not sure I understand exactly. But Layer > Set Anchors (Cmd-U) should add all necessary top and bottom anchors. The difficult part is placing them exactly where you need. Perhaps, the script Anchor Mover 2 from my GitHub repository can help a little bit.

There are some buggy things happening with Automatic Alignment. I cannot set Enable Automatic Alignment – well, I can click it, but it doesn’t take effect.

The glyph contains of 2 components, the first one is not automatically aligned. When I hit AL for the first component, the second one snaps in place. The first component does still only offer »Enable AL« no matter how often I click it. (It should toggle do »Disable AL«) AND it is still movable, hence not automatically aligned.

Glyphs 973

Can you send me the .glyphs file?

Sent. Thanks for looking into it, Georg.

Is there a command to Disable Automatic Alignment on a selected range of glyphs via the Font View?
As the moment I have to open each glyph individually, select all and then ctrl-click and select ‘Disable Automatic Alignment’ . . .

This script does exactly that: https://github.com/jenskutilek/Glyphs-Scripts/blob/master/Glyphs/Disable%20Automatic%20Alignment.py

great, will take snifter

Jens, it’s not showing up in the Script list, others are . . . ?

Oh, I hadn’t noticed, it seems all scripts need an explicit MenuTitle entry now. I have updated the script.

There’s also a mekkablue > Components script that does the same thing.