Bug/error when printing

Hi,

I’m having an error on letter A on different masters. I just noticed now with this thin master, but it happens on different weights. Everything looks all right in Glyphs. Everything seems correct on Indesign and on the .pdf. But when I print it from the .pdf, the letter A is totally wrong! (It is correct when I print from Glyphs) I’m not sure if it is a bug, but I can’t find why this is happening.

GLYPHS:

PDF:

PRINT 1:

PRINT 2 - The left A is the error, the right A is when I create outlines before print it

What is your grid setting?

1 Like

I had similar problem, My printer printed everything correctly.
I sent pdf files with test to my friend. She printed it out and similar problem occurred.

You mean Grid Spacing?

Maybe it’s a important to tell you that I exported 2 masters from Font Lab to .UFO and then I opened them in Glyphs.

Can you send me the .otf file? And what printer do you have?

1 Like

I’m sending them to you to support (at) glyphsapp.com

Printer: Phaser 7500DT

Maybe it’s a important to tell you that I exported 2 masters from Font Lab to .UFO and then I opened them in Glyphs.

I’ve done the same but from Robofont

We had something similar in the past. Perhaps try the forum search, and it was also discussed on typedrawers.

What happens when you export without Hinting?

1 Like

I will try it. It’s really annoying. It is perfect when printing directly from Indesign. The .pdf exported is correct also. It just create those strange errors when I print the .pdf.

@mekkablue Problem solved without ‘Autohint’ ! For now, I’m ok with this solution. Thanks :grinning:

But if at some point I have to use Autohint, is there any solution to this problem?

Just to make sure: that format did you export? TTF or OTF?

@GeorgSeifert .OTF

For OTF fonts, you can try to apply manual hints just for the glyphs that make trouble. That prevents the autohinter for that glyph.

1 Like

@GeorgSeifert Thanks for the tip!