Color font in glyphs 3

Hi everyone.
I’m confused with the first step in the creation of a color font in the new version of glyphs.
That is, custom names and properties, and where to put them.
The tutorial in the website shows a different interface. I really don’t get the correct way to make it now. Someone could explain it easy?

The color font tutorials are being updated. The only real difference is that the layers are not determined by their name, but by their type. You can set the type of a layer by right clicking on it.

Otherwise it is pretty much the same.

Which type of color font are you trying to make?

Thanks @mekkablue, is just a normal 2 layers font.
Now I see, when the master layers don’t have the “color” activated by right click, I can see the colours in the edit window (because are custom parameters in every master). But when are activated (color or color palete) show it white. Thats the problem.

Can you please send me the .glyphs file to support (at) (this website without ‘www’ or ‘forum’). I will have a look.

There’s a lot more that doesn’t fit the tutorials, I’m trying to follow the “create a layered color font” tutorial and can’t find out where to enter the “number”, don’t know what the “number” is either.

Skärmavbild 2021-07-02 kl. 19.59.05

Where did the “Proportions” section go?

1 Like

@tcarisland There’s an example file here

I am updating the tutorial now.

1 Like

Thank you for explaining it!