Color Fonts export not working

Hello,

I am trying to make a multi-layered color font. I just started and I am already having some problems:

— When I export the font (as a .OTF) it does not work when I try it on Illustrator, It only shows the top layer. Any thoughts on what I am missing?

I attached an image that shows the character in glyphs with it’s layer panel, and what it shows when I type it (the top yellow layer). My Illustrator supports Color Fonts (see how it works with Trajan Color).

I am using Glyps 2.5.1 (1141)

Thank you in advance!

Try the latest beta please. Go to Glyphs > Preferences > Updates, activate both checkboxes and press the Update button.

Which color format are you trying? Have you read the color font tutorials?

1 Like

Thanks, now It works and I can type the Color Font in Illustrator, I was missing a step!

And now I have another doubt: I want the same Family to have a with 6 different Colourways, so they can type a name and then choose the prefered colour for each letter.

I attached 3 colorways of how I want to make it look in the end.
In Trajan Color they made Stylistics Sets, but I am not sure how to do it, or if this is the right way to go.

There is a custom parameter “Color Palette for SVG”. Then you add as many palettes you like and add one instance for each.

To make a stylistic set, add glyphs A.ss01, B.ss01 and change the colors as you like.