Color SVG spacing issue

Hi there,

I’ve been working on a layered type lately, and since the basic OTF’s are fine and export/layer nicely, I’ve started to look into an accompanying color font version. The export works fine, using the color layers to SVG method (since all “styles” are different masters).

On export however, the layering works fine, but the right sidebar space extends (more than doubles) and distorts. I’ve checked if linking metrics to the first masters would solve anything, but I’m unable to find what is the issue.

I also don’t seem to be able to generate a fontbook preview (a preview does appear in Adobe pulldown/glyph menu’s of Photoshop and Illustrator though) Perhaps part of an incomplete export? Or is this part of needing to attach an extra color table?

An export webfont seems to have the same issue, so I’m slightly at a loss.

What version of Glyphs do you have? Did you try the latest cutting edge version (activate it in Preferences)?

Yep, I’m using v2.5b (1098)

Can you send me the .glyphs file?

Did you discover what was causing this… I’m having the same issue myself! Massive increase in spacing on export

Possibly this issue in the new cutting edge release? It’s already resolved in the upcoming version.

I actually found the problem… the ‘color layers to svg’ instance was outside the interpolation space. I replaced it with the values from the top most layer and everything exported fine!