Crash on double clicking glyphs to dump them into a tab

Hey guys, I’m back.

I’ve had this problem for a long time, but I’ve been putting up with it, because I can kinda get around it. But I figured I should mention it here.

If I have glyphs selected in the font tab, and I double click them, the normal behavior is that it dumps the selected glyphs into a new tab for immediate editing.

But instead it dumps them into the new tab, then freezes and crashes the program. I can easily get around this by just making a new tab and typing the glyphs, but I feel like such a basic feature crashing would be something you’d want to know…

Anyway, my Mac OS is 10.10.2, which, I know, holy moly why is it so old, but I’m on old hardware so there’s not much I can do…

So yeah, if anyone on a newer OS is also having that problem, please say so, because then it’s probably more worth looking into.

What version of Glyphs do you have? Did you send a crash report (the one that comes up when you reopen the app)?

Oh, I should do those.

I started to forget to do the crash reports because glyphs “crashes” when I try to quit it normally, causing… the intended behavior, which is app close. So when I go to open it back up, it’s like, tell us the details of the crash! And I mean, I don’t even know if it actually crashed or if it’s just thinking it crashed.

But yeah, I just read the crashing article an hour ago and I’ll remember to always send the report when that happens from now on.

What version of Glyphs do you have?

Double check with Mactracker what the maximum OS for your Mac really is. Anything built in the last 11 years should at least run 10.12.

I don’t think the version of macOS is the problem. You still didn’t answer the question about what version of Glyphs do you use.