Crash report

For a couple of weeks now I have the problem that after about one hour working with Glyphs it crashes. The cursor freezes and most of the keys don’t work anymore. Just Command, Tab, (function keys?,) the power button. Enter doesn’t work, so the only way to shut down is forcing the Mac to power off by holding the power button for 5 secs. With Command+Tab I can switch to the other apps, but the cursor is still freezed and e.g. a Command+S is impossible too. After rebooting the system plays a “rattle” sound. But I guess that’s for restoring the session?

It mostly happens when zooming with the command-key and the trackpad scrolling gesture. But I remember having it after pressing command+K.

I think the other opened apps are not to blame, the last time it was just Firefox (without any significant scripts running) and Thunderbird.

Am I the only one having this issue?

I have not checked what happens to an external mouse. Next time I’ll see what happens and report it here.

MacBook Pro
Retina, 15-inch, Early 2013
Prozessor 2,4 GHz Intel Core i7
Speicher 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Grafikkarte Intel HD Graphics 4000
Software OS X 10.9.4 (13E28)

Glyphs Version 1.4.3 (584)

Haha, this time it didn’t even take 5 minutes. So, the mouse still works and saving (even in Glyphs) is possible via the application top bar thing. But still no chance to write or use the trackpad. The rattle sound is also played immediately after the cursor freezing. I really was zooming in and out extensively here.

I cannot reproduce this, no matter how much I zoom.
You should be able to find a clue in the Console.app.

Rattle sound?

Thanks! Today I had it in the Finder Quick Look using the same alt-key and trackpad gesture. Although it seems to be a system problem, Ableton for example released an update fixing that bug “Bugfixes: The mouse and keyboard could sometimes become unresponsive after zooming, scrolling or tweaking parameters on OS X 10.9 “Mavericks”.” But I am not sure if that refers to my problem.

Meanwhile I hope for Yosemite.

Just if you are curious. It even happens in safe mode. And this is what the console says.

29.08.14 06:43:15,899 WindowServer[113]: _CGXSetWindowBackgroundBlurRadius: Invalid window 0xffffffff
29.08.14 06:43:15,908 WindowServer[113]: _CGXSetWindowBackgroundBlurRadius: Invalid window 0xffffffff

The rattle sound is some system sound, but I have no idea what Mavericks wants to tell me with that. I guess it safes the status of all apps and files to rebuild them after a possible restart.

I doubt these two entries have anything to do with the freeze. If it has anything to do with Glyphs, you should see a lot of Glyphs-related entries. If you see those let us know.

If I were you, I would try it in a different user, to rule out user settings as the source. Keep watching the Console.app. Especially during a freeze.