I have made fonts with ligatures before and they always work fine but I just opened a file today to start creating ligatures and keep getting this pop up when I hit update in the font features
and when I go to test the ligatures the dropdown won’t work and there is a red exclamation mark next to it.
Please check the export status of the mentioned glyphs. E.g., (1) is
m_y in the font and (2) set to export?
- Go into Font view (the first tab, Cmd-Opt-1)
- In Font view, at the top of the sidebar on the left, choose Categories > All
- Either scroll through your font, and look if the respective glyph is there, or type the name of the glyph in the search field at the bottom right of the window.
- If you find the glyph, the export status will be displayed with a little red icon. In this example, the Z is exporting, while the W is not exporting:
You can change the export status either by right clicking it and toggling the Export entry in the context menu. Or you can select the glyph (by clicking on it) and click the Export checkbox in the glyph info box in the bottom left of the window.
all the glyphs are there and they are all exporting
I make the dlig and update the font and everything goes fine, then when I go to the ligature to create the .liga so that it will automatically work in the font I go back to font info> Features> update and this box come up
but all the glyphs are in the font when I look at the font view page and they are all exporting
Can you send me the .glyphs file please?
its not just that file its also happening in other font files too. how would I send the file to you?
Why is this happening though? This is coming up on every font file I have. I successfully created a ligature in a different font file and no OTF warning came up but this happened.
so I can’t test whether or not the ligatures work, because the features dropdown box is locked.
It can only display the menu when the features are compiled. Can you send me the file please, so I can help you? Either via DM or as e-mail to support at this domain.
This is not the correct email
okay I sent it to the email. support at … (Edit: please don’t post cleartext e-mail addresses, because it creates spam)
I cannot reproduce the error. Perhaps try the following steps:
- Make sure you have the latest version of Glyphs. Should be 2.6.2.
- Clean out your Temp folder: Script > Open Script Folder and you will find the Temp folder next to the Scripts folder. Select all files and folders there and restart.
- Restart the app.
- Log out and back in.
- Make sure the app is located in
I checked for updates and got this message
I downloaded Mac Catalina last night and I think that is what happened.
But I’m lost on how to copy glyphs to the application folder because I can’t find glyphs app anywhere all I can find is the license and my font files
EDIT: Never mind I found it and got it into the applications folder. Updated glyphs and now I’m going to see if that fixed the problem
Thank you so much for your help! I finally got it working. : )