Devnagari OpenType Error

I am in process of making a Devanagari font and I have not made all the characters yet. But I do have most Devanagari glyphs done.

When I try to generate the OpenType Features (File > Font Info > Features), it throws an error saying:

Error: "Glyph "matra-deva" not in font (featMapGName2GID)" in Feature blws in line: 2
Error: "Glyph "vocalicR-deva" not in font (featMapGName2GID)" in Feature blws in line: 2
Error: "Glyph "matra-deva" not in font (featMapGName2GID)" in Feature blws in line: 3
Error: "Glyph "vocalicR-deva" not in font (featMapGName2GID)" in Feature blws in line: 3
Error: "Lookup flags different from previous rules in this block" in Feature abvs in line: 43

And then the Features button (bottom left corner) shows up with a red exclamation mark and it is unclickable now.
18%20AM

I understand that this is possibly because of missing glyphs and that I will not see this error when I have designed them all.
But, I am just trying to understand more specifics about what exactly does the error mean and what exact glyphs is it missing?
I’d want to design those blocker glyphs first to view the font with OpenType features.

Thanks.!

Can you send me the .glyphs file?

They just need to be present in the font for the feature code to work. So you can create them empty for the moment, and draw them later.

Thanks! That worked! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I just had a look at he glyph names in the sidebar. The glyph name sh_matra_vocalicR-deva is wrong. It should be sha_rVocalicMatra-deva. But you most likely don’t need the glyph in the first place.