Double accents

How could I automate creating glyphs with double accents say, Abrevetilde ? I would like to avoid positioning all of them by hand if possible. I kinda suspect it can be done with anchors and possibly glyphdata.xml but I’m a bit fuzzy on the details. Can someone help? :slight_smile:

Yes, you need to understand about anchors, and it’s explained here.
http://www.glyphsapp.com/tutorials/advanced-diacritics-multiple-anchors

Glyphs can place anchors automatically when you select “Set Anchors (command+U)”, which lets you adjust diacritic position only by moving anchors of the base letter and diacritics, though multiple anchors are not automatically placed in diacritics by default. Assuming you know how to generate a new glyph, here’s what you should do:

1. Make A, tilde, and breve glyphs.
  2. Hit Command+U on the three.
  3. (You can skip this step if you know how things work) Make Atilde and Abreve to see if the anchors are working. Drag anchors of the original glyphs to see it’s affecting the visual of the component glyph.
  4. Manually add top anchor in breve (open breve, right-click somewhere and choose “Add Anchor”, and type “top”).
  5. Make Abrevetilde.

This is GREAT!
I knew about anchors, but never thought you could put anchors on the diacritics themselves! this will save me so much work, THANK YOU