Duplicate as component?

There’s also TextWrangler, which is free and good enough for regular expression search (GREP it calls).

Once you download Wrangler or Mate, try making .case glyph recipe as follows:

1. Copy glyph name (from contextual menu) and paste it into the blank file.
  2. Search for / and replace it by \n (backslash and n, which gives you line break).
  3. Notice that you can Option-drag to select the text in a box manner. Select the line ends and type = (equal).
    3 alt. You can search for line end and add stuff, using dollar sign.

Combining these, you can build recipes pretty easily. There are faster ways, but this should be a good start. For more powerful GREP search option, see its manual.

I’ve made a video to roughly demonstrate the above in TextWrangler.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/12398274/TextWranglerBasic.mp4

Georg: TextMate is not free. But it does not cost much.
Tosche: SCNR, see below :slight_smile:

And this is what I would do in TextMate 2:

1. Turn slash-separated to newline-separated:
Cmd-E to mark Search term "/"
Cmd-Shift-E to mark Replace term ""
Ctrl-Cmd-G to execute the search&replace

2. Edit every line simultaneously:
Select All
Hit Opt (Alt) key to switch to column (multi-line) selection
Cmd-Left to go to the beginning of each line
Cmd-Shift-Right to mark every line individually
Copy
Right to go to end of every line
Type "="
Paste
Type “.ss01”

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B12vrrKMPAFwZWwtbmVXYzZLUUE/

Textmate is free now, and open source. So there is no reason to use textwrangler any more :wink:

Looking at the developer’s website, I found that TextMate is indeed open source now, but a license still costs EUR 39. In the developer’s own words, it is free as in speech, not as in beer.

Thank you for the videos!
I’m testing Textwrangler now.
I’ve done what Toche shows with the column-select tool, but it seems to work to write 1 character only. Is there a way to type more in a multicolumn way?

TextMate and SublimeText can accept more than one character typing. In those apps, you can also Command+click to insert many text cursors.

To defend Wrangler, if you want to type the same stuff in the multiple column, that means there’s either an identifiable pattern (i.e. can use regular expression search & replace) or just paste something.

Ok thanks!

This is an old post but the script is still useful and instructive. Thanks @Tosche! However, there’s one section I don’t understand, starting on line 60 with if Font.currentTab != None. What does this do? It seems to work fine without it.

Thanks! It was done to show the added glyphs if the script was ran from an Edit view. If ran from Glyph view, the f.currentTab returns None and the subsequent code is ignored (because you would see the added glyphs there).

It was written a long time ago and I went on to rewrite it. I think I fixed the multiple master issue too.