Easy way to find out highest and lowest glyph

As always, I am trying to make my font-making life easier. I have been hunting down the highest and the lowest glyphs in a font and it is a lot of work. I couldn’t find a plugin nor a script for this. How to find out your hi and lows - the easy way??

I have one: Glyphs-Scripts/Testing at master · slobzheninov/Glyphs-Scripts · GitHub

Hey Alex,
I dug that one up from a discussion years ago. I tested it, it doesn’t work. I get this error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “”, line 16
AttributeError: ‘NoneType’ object has no attribute ‘glyphs’

In the @mekkablue Scripts, there’s a mekkablue > Test > Report Highest and Lowest Glyphs script. You can install the scripts via Window > Plugin Manager. In the Scripts tab, search for mekkablue. That may be what you want to use.

1 Like

It must be some other one, this one was just uploaded :slight_smile:

1 Like

@composerjk - ahh, yes, that may be the thing I was looking for, thanks!

@alexs - it was the code you referred to that I tried and I got this error.
I am not a coding person, but I guess I should paste it in the macro panel, then run, right?
The ‘old’ code from an old forum post looked exactly like the one you showed and I got the exact same error…

@alexs : your code does work! It just doesn’t work on my Macbook, which still runs El Capitan (so I can use my standalone versions of Photoshop and Illustrator). It works fine on my iMac! Thanks for that!

Little tip: If you want to set your vertical metrics properly, you can use the corresponding mekkablue script. Install the mekkablue script through the Plugin Manager > Scripts. Find the script under mekkablue > Font Info > Vertical Metrics Manager.

1 Like

:grin: Thanks a lot Sebastian!!