Embed flags / fsType?

Hi

I see in MyFonts’ requirements the following:
'We strongly suggest that you set the embedding flags to allow such embedding and to ensure that your license is consistent with this.'
I believe this is done with the custom parameter fsType. What should it be set to? ‘Editable’?
Anything else should be added in the Custom Parameters?

Thank you

The answer is: Not set. Quoting the handbook, p.185:

Not set: ‘Fonts with this setting indicate that they may be embedded and permanently installed on the remote system by an application. The user of the remote system acquires the identical rights, obligations and licenses for that font as the original purchaser of the font, and is subject to the same end-user license agreement, copyright, design patent, and/or trademark as was the original purchaser.’

Of course I should have checked the handbook first…!

Thanks

When I try to change to ‘not set’ it says ‘installable’ in the Custom Parameters. I tried to delete the parameter and relaunch but no luck.

Thanks

Not set is the same as “Installable” afaict.

Yes:

Installable Embedding: No fsType bit is set. Thus fsType is zero.
Fonts with this setting indicate that they may be embedded and permanently installed on the remote system by an application. The user of the remote system acquires the identical rights, obligations and licenses for that font as the original purchaser of the font, and is subject to the same end-user license agreement, copyright, design patent, and/or trademark as was the original purchaser.

Source: OS/2 table, fsType specification

Thanks to you both.

May I please get some clarification on this? To allow embedding, the fsType parameter must be set to 0 (as in the attached screenshot)? Typed as a numeral zero, rather than the word ‘zero’? The reason I ask is that my font is not embedding when a PDF is produced from Word. The PDF, when opened in Acrobat, defaults to Calibri. I would really appreciate some detailed help here, because none of the settings I try are allowing embedding.

For context: In Word, embedding preferences are turned on.

As you see the parameter name is gray. That means the parameter is not used/supported in the master settings. Put it in the font or an instance if you need different settings in some instances.
And pick the parameter name from the popup list. I’m not at the Mac right no but if think it should be fsType.

Please supply more detail on this. Do you mean Font Info > Instances > Custom Parameters? Would very much appreciate if you could show me specifically, remembering that I am not from a coding or tech background.

The parameter name fsType does not appear in the popup list. That’s why I typed it. Manually changing the parameter title from FsType to fsType also does nothing (it remains grayed out).

Please provide as much detail as possible, or links where I can find detail. Very confused.

You are still in the master settings. Go to the Font (or to the instances if you need different settings in some instance) tab and add the parameter, there.

Of course, thanks Georg