Error when exporting [Ver 2.5b 1084]

I don’t know why but I tried open a ttf/otf font, then export it immediately without any changes, I always get an error like this. It doesn’t happens with the older builds (2.4).

Anyway is there a simplest way to use two version of glyphs app on the same machine at the same time? The newest version seems not stable, and I tried donwloading the stable version, but it keeps auto update…

Thanks!

That is not possible. There will be changes. Opening a compiled font requires some reverse engineering, especially if you try to deduct feature code from the GSUB table, and compiling the font again will pretty much certainly create a different binary. In other words, you will have to look through the feature code one way or another.

This tutorial should help: https://glyphsapp.com/tutorials/importing-existing-fonts

Sure. Download the stable version and call it Glyphs 2.4, so you can keep it next to the Glyphs that you keep updating. THey do share the same preferences, of course, so you may want to review you settings in Glyphs > Preferences > Updates.

Thank you for replying!

Hmm yes, but I don’t know why it doesn’t have any errors while exporting in the older versions of glyphs. I tried with a lot of different files and this version 2.5b always give feature.fea errors while exporting (with every files I tried), so I think maybe the new version got problems…
There is a glyphs version that gave the same error before (but I didn’t know so I just reverted back to an older version), and after some several updates, the error goes away. Now it comes back so I think it must be a bug or something.

The new version tries to read more OpenType features from the .otf file. If you could send me the file, I can see if i can improve it.

Thanks for the file. I could fix the import that it alt least produce feature code that compiles without an error.