#exit #entry anchors and Automatic Alignment

Hi,

I use #exit #entry anchors to position components. But everytime I restart Glyphs I have to select first component, right-click and Disable Automatic Alignment, and then again, right-click and Enable Automatic Alignment to make it work correctly. I need to set sidebearing, not inherit form components.

Try renaming the parts: remove the underscore at the beginning of the names.

I removed all underscore from names and nothing changed. In my other file the same configuration of anchors and names works as expected.

Version 2.4.1 (971)

Can you send me the .glyphs file please to support (at) (this website without www). I will have a look.

Hi, any news about this issue?

Looking into it today, sorry, didn’t find the time over the weekend.

[UPDATE/EDIT]
I had a look now, and the glyph behaves as expected in my installation, Version 2.4.1 (971). The lowercase u has the LSB of upper_serif and the RSB of a_ending, the last component in the chain.

(What I am not so sure about is whether exit and entry anchors are the ideal solution for this kind of setup, but don’t let that keep you from experimenting with the technology, please.)

This is very strange. Now, Glyphs remembers settings in “n”, but doesn’t remember in “u”. I am tired of this. Switched to non-component flow.

I thought that #entry and #exit anchors are made for this - to make use of auto alignment with sidebearing inheritance.

They are made for this. Can you send me the .glyphs file that I can have a look?

sent to info account.