Expand outline for multiple glyphs

To expand an outline I right-click on an outlined path > Expand Outline.

How do I do the equivalent but on multiple glyphs at once?

Is there a built-in function for this, or does it require a script?

Glyphs 3

1 Like

I am missing this feature as well.

I’ll think about it. Can you tell me what you are trying to do?

For me, I have created fonts that are completely made of outlined paths. In many situations the graphics needs to be expanded: e g, a filter I want to apply that does not work on outlines.

I would also like to see the possibility to change stroke width on multiple glyphs.

Moreover, I would want the full right-click menu to be available in the font overview.
Can’t all right-click options be added to the menu?

Yes. Glyphs definitely needs this feature. I have hundreds of glyphs that are a mix of strokes and outlines and it’d be great to be able to select some, or all glyphs and then be able to expand outlines where they exist within those glyphs. At the moment I have to click into each one and do it manually and with several hundred glyphs it takes ages. Similarly, it would also be beneficial to be able to set the stroke thickness, cap, etc when selecting multiple glyphs. Just exactly like I can currently edit the sidebearings when selecting multiple glyphs. Please add this feature, it would save hours when creating monoline fonts.

I noticed that there is a macro panel script that expands outlines on this post:

2 Likes

@GeorgSeifert this feature would be very helpful

1 Like