I’ve been experiencing several times a situation when in a certain point of design process I found out that all my components have been decomposed. I had this issue many times now, but I thought I always did it by accident by selecting all glyphs and decomposing.
Today I finally found out that this is not my fault, but custom parameter’s “color layers to SVG” which I use to export color fonts out of color masters. When I export a font, it decomposes all components in layers which are color layers. The rest remains in components.
Please keep this issue in mind in future updates, because it’s really frustrating when I have to create components again.
All the best,