Failing plugins in version 1103

I just uploaded a new version and it may break some plugins. Most are already fixed so you only need to open the Plugin Manager and restart Glyphs. And reinstall the python modules from preferences, as those where updated, too.

Please report any plugin that sill doesn’t work. You should see some red text in the macro window.

in almost all cases, it is enough to have this two lines to the top of the plugin file:

from GlyphsApp import *
from GlyphsApp.plugins import *

And remove any mentioning of

from Foundation import *
from AppKit import *

from your code.

2 Likes

Thanks for the heads-up. In my case also using constants like GLYPH_MENU required an updated import that was a bit more specific.

GLYPH_MENU should be available if you do from GlyphsApp import *

“Show Handles Everywhere” seems to have stopped working for me – this code is being displayed in the Macro Panel (Glyphs v.1105/Mac OS 10.13.2):

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "GlyphsApp/plugins.py", line 1162, in drawBackgroundForLayer_options_
File "/Users/Paulo/Library/Application Support/Glyphs/Plugins/ShowHandlesEverywhere.glyphsReporter/Contents/Resources/plugin.py", line 36, in background
self.drawHandlesAndNodes( background )
File "/Users/Paulo/Library/Application Support/Glyphs/Plugins/ShowHandlesEverywhere.glyphsReporter/Contents/Resources/plugin.py", line 84, in drawHandlesAndNodes
if thisNode.type == OFFCURVE:
NameError: global name 'OFFCURVE' is not defined
1 Like

Thx for reporting, I’ll have a look tomorrow.

Edit: In the future, please add an ‘issue’ in the respective GitHub repository, because I tend to miss out on bugreports here.

2 Likes

The plugin is indeed still broken. But it is also not really needed any more as you can display handles in the background without it (View > Show Nodes > In Background).

1 Like

Superb, thank you, Georg – I hadn’t seen that feature.

I fixed the plug-in.

It respects the View > Show Nodes > In Background setting, by the way: If you turn on this setting, the plug-in will cease to draw the background handles, and let the app take over.

1 Like