Feature order in Glyphs-Projects

Hello,
It seems that a GlyphsProject is altering the order of the features.
I have some Replace features in a Project, the order in the otf is not as in the Glyphs-file.
Is there a way to keep the order?

Thanks!

Assuming you really mean features and not lookups, the OpenType specification requires that, inside the font file, features be ordered alphabetically by their 4-letter tag.

Thanks for the reply, Bob!

When I make an otf from the glyphs file itself, the order of the features in the features.fea file is as I ordered it in the features window.
The features.fea file that is generated via a glyphs-project has a different order.

I assume the order of the features.fea is also the order of the features in the GSUB table.

The features.fea file that is generated via a glyphs-project …

What do you mean by glyphs-project ?

I assume the order of the features.fea is also the order of the features in the GSUB table.

No, as I mentioned, the order of the features in the GSUB (or GPOS) table will be alphabetical by the feature tag.

Note that all rules in your fea (i.e., things starting with sub or pos) are wrapped up by the compiler into lookups, and those lookups are then referenced by features. Keep features and lookups separate in your thinking (even though the feature file syntax tends to blur the distinction).

With that in mind, I’ll guess you are actually concerned (and rightly so) with the order of the lookups in the GSUB, and these are indeed as ordered within the features.fea file (with a few exceptions – see last two paragraphs of section 4.e lookup in the FEA spec).