Feature Request: Reopen Recently Closed Tab

Why, what happened? If there is text you reuse often, consider a Sample Text.

I, for one, would appreciate a «Undo Typing» command… it happens way too often that I accidentally delete a character in a sample string, and it might not always be easy to restore it (e.g., if it’s in a script I can’t read).

The Sample Text is a good idea, I guess.

1 Like

That is hard, because Glyphs follows a completely different, glyph-based Undo philosophy.

I totally second both requests. Many times I have lost text I had entered by accidentally closing a tab or editing the text.

As a work-around, duplicating the .glyphs file and opening it can sometimes help to restore the lost text.

1 Like

Another request related to text editing: It would be handy if I could select text by dragging with the mouse, just like in any text-editing scenario. This should not contradict any Glyhps-specific principles, I suppose.

Which has cost me a whole batch of newly made glyphs on more than one occasion. You can’t Redo an Undo that kills glyphs…

Anyway, I’d suggest a separate undo history for typing, with a separate command “Undo Typing”.

1 Like

What happened was that I accidentally closed a tab I didn’t mean to. I do that all the time in web browsers, and I can re-open multiple recently closed tabs. It is not text I reuse often, it is just the text I thought I was using at that moment that I thought I was done with, but then 5 seconds later I realise there was something else I wanted to do with that tab, and now its gone… and I can’t really remember all the glyphs I had in there, and their carefully arranged sequence… but I know I want them back!! :smiley:

2 Likes

That is hard, because Glyphs follows a completely different, glyph-based Undo philosophy.

There should be per-glyph undo stream and a per-glyphsFile stream too :slight_smile:

I second both requests.

1 Like

Actually it would be helpful to have an add button or a menu command that would add the text string to the sample text.

1 Like

There are both undo managers already. But it is confusing. Adding a third level to catch the text changes in the tabs would not help to reduce that complexity.

+1 for undo typing.

“Actually it would be helpful to have an add button or a menu command that would add the text string to the sample text.”

+1 For this

Done.

1 Like

Add to sample text, or open last closed tab? :slight_smile:

Reopen last closed tab.

awesome. thanks georg.

How can I reopen the last closed tab?
Cannot find any menu command in version 1330.

Hold down Alt/Opt when you open the View menu, choose Reopen last closed tab.

6 Likes

thank you!

1 Like