Feature suggestion: Guideline Label

I made this script some time ago. Like @filipenegrao adds a small ui for adding labels to guidelines.

@filipenegrao I think your script makes Glyphs crash if the user doesn’t select a guideline before running the script.

2 Likes

Yes, the last comment was from two year ago, nonetheless. Looked for this today, and found your script. Thank you!

You can select a guide and hit Cmd+I.

Isn’t it Cmd+Opt+I? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Correct. Edit > Info for Selection or Cmd Opt I.

2 Likes

Glad to see this feature. Is there a reason that the dialog button says “add filter” instead of something more intuitive like “add label”?

There is a reason. The button is adding a filter and has nothing to do with the label ;). They just happen to be in the same dialog that is the guides settings.

Cmd Opt I Only works for global guides, right? Or there is something that’s not working for me?
I can label a global guide, then make it local, and it keeps the label. It would be useful to be able to label both kinds of guides though.

1 Like

That is properly implemented in a future version.

2 Likes

Hi, Is this still working? When I ‘Cmd Opt I’ on a global guide I can select ‘name / is’ and enter something but the guide then disappears.
It would be great to have a contextual menu to name the guide on right-click.

If you add a “name / is” you add a filter that only shows the guide in glyphs that have matching glyphs names. Do you use Glyphs 2 or 3?

In Glyphs 2, that same dialog should have an input field that will take the name.

In Glyphs 3, you can add the name in the info box.
Screenshot

1 Like

It would be nice if user could type in other language like Chinese😄

You can:

Now I type Chinese somewhere else and copy paste.

I see, using an input source like Pinyin does no work in that text field. I will look into fixing that.

Thanks a lot!