Find and Replace Components Crashes Glyphs 3

Hi Rainer (@mekkablue), I’m having trouble getting the Find and Replace Components from your script to not crash Glyphs 3. Every time I try to just open the script panel it crashes. Any thoughts?

hi @kirkw102,

On my computer the script works. In order to make it work for you I will need you to do some things:

First question:
Have you updated Glyphs 3 to the latest build? (Glyphs > Check for Updates…)

Second question:
have you updated mekkablue scripts?
If no, then go to Window > Plugin Manager, go to Scripts tab, and scroll until you see mekkablue Scripts. Use install or remove button to reinsall, and therefore update the scripts.

Third question:
could you send output from the macro panel? and the Glyphs build version that you are using?

For the macro panel output:

1. go to Window > Macro Panel
  2. hit “clear” button
  3. try to run Find and Replace Components
  4. if something appears in the macro panel’s output, please copy it and paste here

Fir the Glyphs build version:

1. go to Glyphs > about Glyphs
  2. in lower left corner you should have something similar to this: 3.0.4 (3092). Please, copy paste it here

Hi Rafal!

Sorry for the delayed response here.

• Yes Glyphs 3 is up-to-date
  • Yes the mekkablue scripts are up-to-date (via github)
  • I cleared the macro panel

Nothing appears in the macro panel when I click the ‘Find and Replace Components’ because Glyphs crashes as soon as I click it.

Not sure what to do now!

Can you send a crash report with your name and a small note and post here that you sent it (that I can look for it by time, the crash backend is a bit dumb).

Just sent! thank you!

Thanks for the crash report. It crashes right inside Python. What python version do you use (check in Preferences > Addons).

It was on 3.8.2 (manually) but even when I changed it to 3.9.1 (Glyphs) it still crashed.

oh after the app crashed again and I re-opened it it’s working! Must have needed to restart when I changed it over. I wonder why it was selected on Manually in the first place.

There is a note that tells you that you need to restart :wink: