Font error in different programs

Hello!

I have Some problems with a font family in different programs, on different operating systems. In every case, the font was installed in its latest version so it doesn’t seems to be an overwrite issue

on mac:

• in Microsoft Word, it does not recognize one of the fonts at all, and the other two have incorrect kerning with very big spaces inbetween different letters

on windows:

• Microsoft Word does not recognize ANY of the fonts
  • in Photoshop the kerning is yet again, completely off for some reason (even though in photoshop on macs the fonts work okay and have good kerning)

Thanks a lot!

Does that happen to be a style-linked font? Like the Bold? In Word, those are only accessible through the B and I buttons.

and the other two have incorrect kerning with very big spaces inbetween different letters

You need to enable kerning and contextual alternates separately in MS Word.

You may need to restart. If you like, you can send me the .glyphs file, and I will try to get it to show up in Windows.

2 Likes
  1. All path directions are wrong. Select all glyphs, and correct path directions
  2. Many superfluous nodes, probably from TT conversion. Select all glyphs, tidy up paths a few times.
  3. Set the width and weight properties properly: the Condensed Regular is condensed and regular, etc.
  4. Make sure the style linking is set properly Condensed Bold is the Bold of Condensed.
  5. Some key glyphs were missing. Make sure you have at least the Latin1 (‘Windows 1252’) charset. Does not matter if they are empty, but they should be there.

Then it works: