Font installed - but wrong font displays

Yes.

I have the characters in both of them, although the total number is not same between Mac Roman and Windows 1252.

What is the next step that I should do, Rainer?

Of course not, but they need all be covered.

Now, change the name to avoid font installation conflicts and try again. If it still does not work as expected, send me your .glyphs file, please.

All of them? In my case, my Mac Roman is 232/242 and Windows 1252 is 210/217?
Should I complete for all of them?

I am going to change the name it as you mentioned here and in the tutorial about font cache problems.

Yes. As I suspected above, there is a key character missing in your font. And inserting that character triggers the fallback font.

1 Like

I’ll try it first. Will be back to the forum after I finished to complete the characters.

Thank you so much.

Hi Rainer and Georg,

My issue is solved. Thank you so much for your help!!!

1 Like

Did you find out which character was missing? I suspect nbspace or softhyphen.

Yes, exactly… and actually I have not created the fractions at that time…
Actually, I do not understand about the function of nbspace and softhyphen because I never read about these characters. I am going to find out.

• non-breaking space: opt-spacebar on the Mac. A space character at which no line break may occur. Windows requires it in the charset.
  • softhyphen: a word-breaking hyphen as it would occur at the end of a line, when the following part of the word is on the next line. It disappears automatically when the word is moved entirely into a line (hence ‘soft’). Typically the user does not type it, but it is displayed and (usually automatically) managed by the text processing software
1 Like

Thank you for the explanation, Rainer.
Your team and this forum help me a lot to get deeper in typography.

Some problems can be solved by removing and reinstalling the font, but first make sure that you follow all the steps to obtain the fonts, create the archives, and install the fonts as described in the installation FAQ. fonts. If the problem persists, try the troubleshooting tips below.
Make sure to install the font for the operating system you’re using, here you can find it https://fontvilla.com/weird-text/ - in most cases, there’s a difference between Mac and Windows unless it’s an Open Type font.

I expected to be able to generate all glyphs required by windows by using the list »Windows 1252«, but nbspace is not included there.
Does that mean I have to manually add it to all of my fonts to avoid a potential risk of the office-fallback issue?
If so, would it make sense to add nbspace to Seperator>Other or to Windows 1252 list by default, just like softhyphen?

True, it is missing in the current Win1252 sidebar filter. Thanks for pointing this out, I just fixed it, should go live in the upcoming beta release.