Foundry Name in FontAgent Pro

I was importing/activating my newest font today in FontAgent pro and I noticed that in the column for Foundry, it says “FoundryCode: UKWN”

In my glyphs file, I have filled out all of the font information on info > font panel (designer, manufacturer, etc.), but I can’t figure out how to set a Foundry Name. Is there a parameter I can set somewhere?

This is the 4-character “vendor ID”, and is not required, although Glyphs sets it to “UNKN” by default. If you want to set it, there is a custom parameter. Note that vendor ID’s should be registered with Microsoft to ensure they are unique.

What @MarkSimonson said. And here’s the link for it:

Thanks, guys. I went ahead and submitted that. I’m always amazed at how much more there always is to learn. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello!
I saw many comments about Vendor ID on Custom Parameters section.
But there is also Vendor Identification parameter on General section.
Looks like they both do the same. What is the difference between this two?

The custom parameter vendorID is deprecated. It moved up into the General section.

Probably a remnant of a Glyphs 2 process?

1 Like

Just a thought, please stop constantly reviving year-old topics that are not necessarily absolutely relevant to the question. This creates confusion for past readers and for current readers, as the original title might be misleading. Just make a new topic, please.

3 Likes