G2: List Filter glyph sorting

Hey! The glyphs in my List Filters don’t get sorted in the order I specified them in the list.
I didn’t have that before.

What changed?

Screen Shot 2020-11-24 at 12.51.55

That is fixed already.

When was this fixed? I’m running latest version of Glyphs 2, I never encountered this issue before.

What version of Glyphs 2 do you have? Can you try the latest cutting edge version?

Version 2.6.6 (1350)
There’s no cutting edge version available after that I think. I’d also like to avoid using cutting edge versions.

If it is not the version that is causing this, what can it be?

2.6.6 (1350) will be released as stable in the next few days. Only the changelog and blogpost is missing.

1 Like

Any news on this? It’s very annoying that the filter lists don’t display the glyphs in the right order.

Works in build 1350:

And now try it with /ae on the end of your filter list like in my example?
It doesn’t seem to affect the order in which the glyphs are displayed, /ae is still displayed after /a.

I have a set of List Filters that I have been using for ages to view a group of characters in the font window in a particular order. Suddenly this stopped working and now seems to be ruled over by the Glyphs standard glyph ordering.

Screen Shot 2020-12-08 at 12.24.19

Did you try changing the order of your list and did the glyphs in the font window sort accordingly?

It works for me. Can you send me your “CustomFilter.plist” from the info folder?

Sorry, but I’m going to bring this to your attention again, because it’s default Glyphs functionality that is not working here.

This is from the Glyphs manual, List Filters, page 76:

In Font view, once you apply a list filter, you will see its glyphs in the order they are listed in.

This is what happens with my list filter:
Screen Shot 2020-12-22 at 12.45.25

The glyphs in the Font view are not in the same order as they are listed in the list filter.

This is the contents of my CustomFilter.plist:
[edit: I pasted the content of my list filter here but that got rendered as xml. Doing a screenshot here.]

I’d appreciate it if you’d could look into this.

Can you send me your .glyphs and CustomFilter.plist file?

Yes, I sent the files to the support mail account. It’s not just with one particular .glyphs file this happens, it’s happens in every file I open and every new file I make.

Unfortunately, this happens for me as well. I think it started around cutting edge version 2.6.6 (1350), for me at least.

Running 2.6.6 (1346) on my desktop machine and no problems. Same filter files.

It is fixed in 1351.

Check for updates, version 2.6.6 (1351) is now available and the list filters are working as they should again.

[edit: sorry cross posting with Georg]

1 Like