Gasp values not exported correctly


I am having some trouble exporting fonts containing the values I set in the gasp Custom Pararmeter field. I am applying that gasp setting on a bunch of ttfautohinted Webfont-only exports. I am currently using 3.2 (3185).

This are my custom parameter setting for one of the Exports. Note the gasp values:

This is what I get on my .woff2:
Screenshot 2023-04-24 at 17.31.25

I guess this is either a bug or I am missing something in terms of my file setup to get the right results.

Thank in advance for any help.


Just a guess … does ttfautohint overwrite the gasp table when the autohinting is applied to the font?

Yes, ttfautohint will do that.

Hmm, I guess I was expecting Glyphs to override ttfautohint based on the TrueType Autohinting article. It’s kind of implied in there, even if it’s not explicitly saying that it would override it.

Thanks for the pointer!

The gasp table needs to match the intend of the actually instructions. So overwriting it is not a good idea. We need to make the tutorial more clear, then.

1 Like

Yeah, I read that on ttfautohint’s documentation after your replies. It’s been a while since I’ve used it so I did not remember that was the case. Changing the tutorial would be beneficial for sure. That gasp section probably shouldn’t be part of the auto hinting tutorial.

Thanks Georg!