Glyph is not compatible / Variable Font Export

Hey guys,

I’m new to glyphs but everything went pretty good so far. However there’s one error that I can’t solve:

When I’m trying to export a variable Font I get this. Anyway the master should be compatible, as I don’t receive any red marks. Interpolation of the instances preview also works fine.

I’m having the same problem with 2 stylistic alternate letters, but it’s probably the same mistake …

Any ideas how to solve this?

It may be incompatible but not marked as such when there are no instances defined between incompatible masters. In that case add an enforce compatibility check parameter to Font Info > Font.

Or it may be the PS to TT conversion: could be a path segment that was inflecting in one master but not in another, etc. The Show Angled Handles plug-in may help spot those situations.

Also, make sure you have the latest cutting-edge version: Go to Glyphs > Preferences > Updates, activate both checkboxes and press the Update button.

1 Like

Thank you so much, both, the plug-in and the parameter helped a lot. I’m able to export my font now, yay!

1 Like