Glyphs 2.3 Collected Issues

Sometimes I can’t close a file, when I try to close it, all that happens is the tool bars disappear and then the window persists, it doesn’t even crash really.

1 Like

Hi Georg, since the 2.3b (839) update I noticed a few bugs which were not present in the stable version.

Switching between masters with cmd+number has become erratic. With 2 separate font windows open it works in one and not in the other. It works in font view but suddenly not in the edit view anymore except when I am at the end of the line with the cursor. When I quit and restart Glyphs the problem is gone but it creeps up again after some time.

In exactly the same manner I can’t use the shortcuts for spacing and kerning sometimes. After a restart of Glyphs it works again.

1 Like

Can you check the console app if there is something?

This is all I could find in the console concerning Glyphs:

I tried to replicate it and It stopped once in font view when I selected a filter. I could not reproduce it in the edit view. Could you send me a screencast (per DM or email). That might show something I do differently then you.

Scaling evenly across handles still doens’t work – Version 2.3b (839) :sob:

I will try to do that as soon as possible, but it might take some time as I need to get some business work done right now. Also I have not yet found out how to replicate the issue, it just happened 3 or 4 times in the last few days and I solved it by restarting the app. I’ll keep you posted as soon as I get to it.

Set Layer Color X (remove) doesn’t remove it, once a layer color is set. Only applying another Layer Color works.

1 Like

In a reporter Plugin, where my Layer still works, the following does not work anymore:

thisGlyph = Layer.parent  # works
thisFont = thisGlyph.parent  # doesn’t work:

AttributeError: ‘objc.native_selector’ object has no attribute ‘parent’

There is something wrong with the Layer.parent. If you change it to Layer.parent() it will work. But that should’t be the case.

I guess I’ll wait till it will be fixed then, instead of temporarily adding the parenthesis : )

Is the glyphInfo broken? Cannot get this to work anymore:
print thisFont.glyphs[0].glyphInfo

Using this in a lot of tools.

Fixed it. I changed the glyphInfo stuff quite a bit in the last update to support local glyph info. For now, try

thisFont.glyphsInfo().glyphInfoForName_(thisFont.glyphs[0].name)

Will it be working as before in the next update? If so, I’d like to refuse to implement a temporary workaround and rather wait for the update. Thank you, Georg!

There’s a problem with redo/undo in Version 2.3b (845), here’s a screencast, notice undo breaks after I redo:
http://quick.as/njkmuyyav

Bump: still broken, I noticed redo also breaks.

Also trying to round corner selectively and it doesn’t work, show preview is on and when I cancel, the outlines mess up:
http://quick.as/Pv5mTzzWG

I am not too sure about this, but I got the impression, that the open tabs get removed from time to time during the process of copying glyphs files, closing them, force quitting the app (which i often do due to plugin development) and so on.

I fixed an redo problem. Hopefully it fixes this.

I noticed the Open corner size for corners on the outside got a lot smaller:
used to be like this

Now its more like this, it’s too small, I have to adjust it to be useful?

Similarly:

The size of the open corner depends on the stem values in the master settings.

2 Likes