Glyphs 2.3 Collected Issues

The open corner for outside corners (like illustrated with the /z above) feature is super nice. I might need implementation in the quicklook plugin as well. priority: super low – just saying :slight_smile:

Oh, yes. The quicklook plugin needs some care.

I encounter some python cache problems since a pretty while. Often Scripts run nicely during the time I make significant edits. Only after a Glyphs restart some mistakes reveal their Error messages. This is super weird, since it often works even if I add functions and classes to a script from scratch and they immediately work like charm. Do you get what I mean?

What is possible is that class and variable names, and loaded libraries are still in memory from a previous run.

If your script contains classes, you need to restart the app when you changed the code.

OK. I’ll try to bear this in mind. I might remember having this problem with scripts that have no classes as well. I will track this. BTW: this is not a 2.3 thing anyway.

In 2.3b there seems to be a bug with the columns in font list view. Some columns can be moved and resized, some can’t and some I already moved can’t be moved back.

http://quick.as/LRaLF6Yka

I just found out a temporary fix: deleting com.GeorgSeifert.Glyphs2.plist in the user system prefs reverts the UI to default.

Could you already have a look at the show all instances bug, that applies the CP transform filter to the preview each time one clicks in the edit tab?

In a particular case:

Filter = "Transformations;LSB:-5;RSB:-5;";

I updated Glyphs to the very latest cutting edge yesterday on two machines. One runs on Yosemite and opens the same glyphs-files with all stored tabs nicely.

The one on OSX 10.11.1 (15B42) however still refuses to open the tabs. I always get a font with no open tabs, even though they are written in the

DisplayStrings = (
"/xi/sha-cy/ef-cy # … and so on

This is quite anoying since I need the tabs and manually bringing them back via copy and paste takes quite some time. What’s up there? : )

I also lost some tabs with the newest version.

My workaround for the moment:

1. open recent *.glyphs in any texteditor, copy the DisplayStrings Tuple (without the semicolon at the end)

paste these into the Macro Window:

DisplayStrings = (
# // all your copied strings here
)

along with this:

for x in DisplayStrings:
	Glyphs.font.newTab(x)

Thanks for fixing previous preview-problems/
Here is new problem with the preview panel.
I recorded the issue: the preview panel doesn’t react on “undo” command(command+z): i have to move edited point forward and backwards to see the results. (This is new file with two masters. In preview panel you can see interpolated and extrapolated instances)

Fixed it.

Closing a tab and having the Application switch to the next tab makes it become grey. No reporters active. Screencast comes via email …

There’s something odd about alignment in the preview window now, sometimes it’s centred, then suddenly at certain sizes or flicking to a different character it’s going left or right aligned, or off one edge or another. (I have nine active instances currently.)

These little exclaim-icons in font view often appear for no reason when a file is opened. Once you click on the glyphs, they disappear.

The preview panel is broken again and not responding to changes in Version 2.3b (854)

Yes. It used to live-update when making a transform-with-background, but no longer. Also that transform operation is a bit sticky, sometimes the dialogue box appears but changing the percentage doesn’t move the outlines at all.

Generating TTF in Version 2.3b (854) shifts the composite superiors and fractions