Glyphs 3 not previewing in text tool

Hello, I just upgraded to the G3 and when I select the text tool my font preview becomes invisible. Any suggestion?

That was reported twice already :wink:

Please uninstall the Extrude tool.

Thanks, that worked and sorry to be focused in my own preview bug and not reading the others :stuck_out_tongue:

I just uploaded a new version that fixes the preview. You have to activate “Show Cutting Edge Versions” in Preference > Update to get it.

I’m still not able to get the preview to work. If any kind person might be able to help, I’d be really grateful. I’m totally new to Glyphs. :upside_down_face:

Did you try to start without plugins?

yes, thank you for checking in!! I have not loaded any plugins. I just wanted to make my way through the basic before adding plug ins.

Can you show a screenshot from the full window?

And what happens when you start the app with the Option and Shift key pressed?
And what version of Glyphs do you have (the four digit number like 3091)?

Interesting. Never seen anything like it. Can you please send me the .ufo file to support (at) (this website without ‘www’ or ‘forum’). I will have a look.

Hi from Virginia. Same thing happens when I start the app with Option/Shift and I’m using 3.0.4 (3095). I’m including a screen shot of a quick bunch of glyphs I scribbled for a test (“cycles”). Here’s a folder (laurachessin_ufofiles_glyphtroubleshooting – Google Drive) where I uploaded this ufo and the ufo for the screen shot I uploaded yesterday— Corvid (it’s a bird, not a disease), a project I’m working on in Robofont. Let me know if you need anything else. I can do a zoom chat or whatever helps you get inside.

What version of MacOS do you have? And can you make a screenshot of the view menu?

Can can you click the “Standard” button in Preferences > Appearance?

Catalina: 10.15.7. Yes, I can click the Standard button. These are the settings.

So I put it away for a day. Didn’t even close the program out. When I went in this evening the glyphs now appear in the text edit window.