Glyphs Crash on opening after install several plug ins

Hello,
I have the same issue with Glyphs 3, version 3.0 (3032). I instal 3 plugins from Plugin Manager at my very first start program, then quit “Cmd+Q” after that each time i trying to start program getting message “Glyphs quit unexpectedly”. I send report with comment to Apple.
I already deleted plugins folder through this path ~/Library/Application Support/Glyphs/Plugins and nothing changed.
Previously i instal another copy of Glyphs 3 from website and it still crash.
Mac OS Mojave 10.14.4
Do you have any idea how i am able to solve this?

I have absolutely the same problem! It happened when I installed a few plugins and relaunched the computer. Then I tried to download Glyphs 3 again but unsuccessful.

The plugins are in “~/Library/Application Support/Glyphs 3/Plugins”

1 Like

Thank you, i found previous path on somewhere in other topics)
I deleted plugins folder with path you wrote and Glyphs now started
Thanks a lot!

I’m struggling with the same. Is it because the plug-ins are not optimized for running on Glyphs 3 yet? The latest one I tried to install (after deleting the ones I tried first, du to the crash reports) is ‘Show Stem Thickness’ and ‘Smart plumblines’

Also, when opening the app, it tells me to install the latest version of Python that goes with Glyphs 3, but when pressing the ‘install’ button, nothing happens.

Othen than that, the new version looks fab!

I’m guessing that all plugins have to be updated, the first one I found that doesn’t make Glyphs3 crash on launch is the updated-for-3 RMXDemo.glyphsFilter. The crash report mentions Python, eg for SpeedPunk:

Thread 0 Crashed:: Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread
0   org.python.python             	0x00000001116aa66a PyEval_ReleaseLock + 18
1   de.Yanone.GlyphsAppSpeedPunkReporter	0x0000000112335d2f 0x112333000 + 11567

Try Window > Plugin Manager > Modules > Python, and double check you have the Python marked ‘Glyphs’ selected in Glyphs > Preferences > Addons. See the Extending Glyphs tutorial.

Seemed like Python (or, the lack of having Python installed in the latest version), were the real headache! It’s fixed and runs smoothly now :slight_smile: Thank you!

1 Like

The start crash problem with the plugins was Drawbot for me…

Hello, I am using Glyphs version 2.6.6 on OSX 10.11.6
Glyphs 2 does not open when downloading the SpeedPunk plug-in.
When I uninstall it, Glyphs works perfectly. What do you recommend I do ?

Possible that the plug-in does not support macOS 10.11 anymore.