Glyphs crashing on launch

Glyphs is crashing on launch. I installed the latest version of Glyphs and deleted the preferences from my library. It still crashes.

I recently installed several plug-ins, including Speed Punk. (I can’t remember the others.) If there is a way to delete plug-ins outside the application, please let me know.

If you have any other ideas, I’d appreciate it.

The plugins live in ~/Library/Application Support/Glyphs/Plugins. Move all out of this folder and restart and see if it fixes the crash. Then move them back one by one and restart Glyphs. Then please tell me which one it was.

And always send the crash report that comes up when Glyphs restarts.

Yes there is. Please read this:
https://glyphsapp.com/tutorials/crashes

Thank you for your quick and helpful response. This worked, I can use Glyphs again.

It looks like this plugin is causing the crash: GlyphsExpandPathsPreviewTool.glyphsReporter

As always, I’m very happy with Glyphs support. :grinning:

That’s a great page, the flowchart made me literally laugh out loud.

However, I can’t seem to get to the crash report with the Glyphs icon, only the yellow triangle one. So, sorry but I couldn’t send you a crash report for this. Apple got a few.

That plugin shouldn’t be there in the first place. It used to be a separate plugin but is built in now.

Good to know. Maybe it was a holdover from Glyphs 1.X, i just recently upgraded.

Thanks again for all the help.

Yes, that must have been it. It is advisable to reinstall your plugins from scratch, best way is via Window > Plugin Manager. Then they are kept up to date automatically.