Glyphs doesn't export *otf

Alles beim Exportieren ist wie gewohnt, nur dass das “Export Result” Fenster ausbleibt und auch keine *otf in dem angebenen Speicherort zu finden ist.

Muss dieses Problem dringend lösen. Weiß jemand Rat?

Everything is fine, when I try to export an *otf. But the “Export Result”-Window doesn’t appear and there is no *otf. This problem needs a solution really soon. Is there somebody, who can help me?

Höchstwahrscheinlich ist ein kleines Detail falsch eingestellt.
kannst du mal im Temp Ordner (Menu > Skript > Skript Ordner öffnen… > Temp) nachsehen. Dort müsste ein Ordner mit mit dem Namen der Schrift sein. Darin ist eine Daten “generateFont.command”. Diese bitte doppelt anklicken. Was steht dann in dem Terminal-Fenster? Das sollte Aufschluss auf die Ursache liefern.

Most likely there is something not set right in the font. Please have a look at the Temp folder (Menu > Script > Open Script folder ... > Temp ). There should be a folder with the same name as the font. Inside is a file named "generateFont.command". Please double click it. The output of the terminal window should point to the direction on what is wrong.

Georg

Hi,

I have a similar problem. I made a Regular version and Glyphs exported perfectly. After I added a Light version to Masters and Instances then I unchecked “is active” on Instances of Light. Glyphs showed me the following Error message -without generating the otf- after trying to export although all of these glyphs exists:

Error: “Glyph “Aacute” not in font” in Class Uppercase in line: 1
Error: “Glyph “Eacute” not in font” in Class Uppercase in line: 1
Error: “Glyph “Iacute” not in font” in Class Uppercase in line: 1
Error: “Glyph “L” not in font” in Class Uppercase in line: 1
Error: “Glyph “Oacute” not in font” in Class Uppercase in line: 1
Error: “Glyph “Odieresis” not in font” in Class Uppercase in line: 1
Error: “Glyph “Ohungarumlaut” not in font” in Class Uppercase in line: 1
Error: “Glyph “Udieresis” not in font” in Class Uppercase in line: 1
Error: “Glyph “Uhungarumlaut” not in font” in Class Uppercase in line: 1
Error: “Glyph “zero” not in font” in Feature lnum in line: 1
Error: “Glyph “zero” not in font” in Feature onum in line: 1
Error: “Glyph “T_h” not in font” in Feature dlig in line: 1
Error: “Glyph “f_i” not in font” in Feature dlig in line: 2
Error: “Glyph “f_j” not in font” in Feature dlig in line: 3
Error: “Glyph “f_k” not in font” in Feature dlig in line: 4
Error: “Glyph “f_l” not in font” in Feature dlig in line: 5
Error: “Glyph “g_j” not in font” in Feature dlig in line: 6
Error: “Glyph “T_h” not in font” in Feature liga in line: 1
Error: “Glyph “f_i” not in font” in Feature liga in line: 2
Error: “Glyph “f_j” not in font” in Feature liga in line: 3
Error: “Glyph “f_k” not in font” in Feature liga in line: 4
Error: “Glyph “f_l” not in font” in Feature liga in line: 5
Error: “Glyph “f_f_i” not in font” in Feature liga in line: 7

Any Idea?
Btw the app is great and I love to work with it.

Thanks,
Armin

Are all this glyphs have compatible outlines or do they show a red corner in the font view? If so, then you have to fix that first.

I’m having this same problem. What does the “red corner” mean and how do I fix it?

Also, when exporting, I get "The autohinter did not work properly (error: 512). What is that?

hi I keep getting this error message when i try and export my font.

Make OTF error
An unknown problem occured. MakeOTF could not write the font file.

dose anyone know the cause?

Can you check this tutorial: http://www.glyphsapp.com/tutorials/troubleshooting-a-font-that-does-not-export

The typeface I am currently working on could earlier export to otf, however now it is not possible and only give UFO and Metrics as suggestions. This problem is no matter which typeface I am exporting (I have also tried to export an other typeface which has been possible to export to otf but does not work anymore). Is there any special feature or setting that I could have done by mistake?

Could it be a problem with the update for Mac OS mojave?

Can you show a screenshot of the export dialog?

Can you de-download the app from the website? And then run the update again?

I have done that now, still no otf…

Can you reinstall your license file. And try to start without plugins (hold down Opt+Shift when you start the app)?

I have also problem exporting otf. I just updated to version 2.6.1 (1219) and Glyphs doesn’t export otf anymore. I have two masters and all the glyphs are not compatible but I would still like to test this font in Indesign… I have done this all the time before but now after the update Glyphs do not generate the otf to make any test.

I just get the warning that Some glyphs are not compatible and will have no outlines. But after I hit OK nothing happens.

The export was probably already done. Can you verify in the destination folder?

I used Adobe > Fonts as destination folder and I also madea a test folder and used that as destination but it is empty.

Have you tried the steps outlined here?
https://glyphsapp.com/tutorials/troubleshooting-a-font-that-does-not-export

I looked those Temp folders and those are empty. Glyphs seems to generate folders with the font name but there is no files in them. I tried to generate just the masters and it goes well but if I active the interpolated weight nothing is generated.

The glyphs are not marked as incompatible in Font View? Can you send the font to support at …?

Thanks for the file, I can reproduce the problem. As a temporary workaround, you can downgrade to 1218 for this project.