Glyphs <--> FL / Kerning Missing

hey folks,

maybe this is not a Glyphs-specific problem, but here it is, and maybe you guys can help me out somehow, here it is:
the font i’ve designed in Glyphs, has been kerned in MM, saved as a UFO again and now needs to go to FL for some production stuff (don’t ask). FL almost completely erased my kerning, so I opened it in Glyphs again to check if the UFO was alright. Of course it was. Then I found the Glyphs Import/Export scripts by Georg on Github (https://github.com/schriftgestalt/Glyphs-Scripts) The description sounded exactly like what I was looking for. However, when I tried to use Georgs script in the FL Macros it gave me an error, saying:

File “”, line 1

^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax

Can you maybe help me out?

Thanks a lot!

How did you download the script? It seems like you accidentally downloaded an HTML page instead of the Python scripts.

i have no clue how i downloaded it, but you’re right, it was everything except a proper python script.

now everything works as it should, sorry for bothering you with such things.

btw, the scripts are awesome! =)

as a small note why the kerning was lost from the ufo import. FontLab uses a different way to store class kerning and the ufo import scripts refuse to convert it properly.

You need to export your Metrics Machine kerning as an OpenType feature file. Then either paste or include the kern feature in your OpenType code in Fontlab.