Glyphs / Mini — drawing functions

Which drawing functions are available in Glyphs? I know it´s not Illustrator, therefore my question. Can a complete character set be drawn with Glyphs? And, has Glyphs more drawing options than Mini?
Are there Illustrator features like Offset Path, or other? Do I need something like Illustrator, or can I handle all my all my drawings with mini or glyphs alone? Glyphs sure has more drawing capabilities than Glyphs Mini, right?

Download the Trial versions of either or both and give them a try. That’s the best way to find out if they are suitable for you.

There are some videos and tutorials about that on the website.

There are a lot fonts completely drawn in Glyphs. And most people can’t use Illustrator afterwards because the bezier handling there is mediocre;)

Maybe I’m blind, I could not find any video, where for graphic artists the drawing functions of glyphs are explained. Some YouTube videos show how existing characters are edited, but not how they were made. I have found one video (Tutorial glyphs 2 para tipógrafos., capítulo 1 para tipógrafos), which shows that an offset path function is available. I had to invest a lot of time to find these video, and by the way, my Portuguese / Galician is not perfect :wink:

Where can I find your own “videos and tutorials” which shows the drawing possibilities (Sketching is from 2014)? Glyphs has not an own YouTube channel, right? This isn’t a must-have, but it helps Users and those one, who wants to be a user .

Thanks for your reply

Did you see the ones at: https://glyphsapp.com/get-started

Other than that, if you know how paths are drawn in Illustrator, you should find your way. Use the pen tool to app points by clicking, or curves by dragging.

Is there something specific you are trying to do or struggling with?