I set my system’s locale to Arabic and rebooted the Mac. When saving a file, Glyphs writes the
date using an Arabic format. Opening such such a file works, but no glyphs are shown and opening the edit view crashes Glyphs. If I save the file with the edit view open (which opens the edit view directly when opening the file), Glyphs crashes immediately when opening such a file.
The following movie demonstrates this:
- Act one: The locale is macOS standard Arabic.
- I launch Glyphs and create a new file with ⌘N.
- I save the file without editing it as Test.glyphs.
- I close the window and quit Glyphs. (⌘W ⌘Q)
- I open the file in TextMate; the date format does not match the spec.
- I open the file in Glyphs; an empty list of glyphs is shown.
- I quit Glyphs again and delete the file, end of act one.
- Act two: I launch Glyphs and create a new file, but this time I save it with the edit view open.
- I close the window and quit Glyphs.
- I open the file; Glyphs launches and crashes without ever showing a window.
- The crash report is presented by the system, end of act two.