Greek typefaces

Hi all,
I am new in this forum.Please, any recent experience about design greek typefaces in Glyphs? the support, is it efficient?thank you

Welcome to the forum.

Greek is very well supported.

Georg Seifert

naras
Thank you,
I just wanted to have a ‘small’ feedback
’‘very well supported’’ causes great expectations - As far I will start with design,
I gonna share my experience.

The Greek script works very similar to Latin. You have an alphabet, Upper and lower case, a few diacritics and ligatures. All that works the same way than latin.

And the glyph coverage definition in the sidebar of the font window has all necessary glyphs.

So there is not much more support that I can do to support Greek type design.

Hi Georg, I’m also new to the Forum and have a question regarding Greek typefaces.

I am designing a new font which has both Latin and Greek characters in uppercase only. When I generate the font all the latin letters export but only some of the Greek letters are exported.

Do you have a suggestion as to what I’m doing wrong? I’ve switch the keyboard on my Mac to the Greek layout, but still many letters are not visible.

Are you testing the font with the Adobe Fonts folder?
http://glyphsapp.com/blog/testing-your-fonts-in-adobe-apps

Hi. I am now testing the font using the Adobe Fonts folder as instructed, but I don’t see how that helps me. Some of the letters - Gamma, Delta, Xi etc. appear when I type using the exported font but other letterforms generated automatically from the Latin letters - Alpha, Beta, etc do not.

What version of Glyphs do you have?

I’m using Glyphs Mini Version 1.0.3 (21).
Is that my problem? Should I be using the Pro version?

There is a bug with components in the current Mini version. The update is submitted to the App Store and waiting for review.

Okay. Thanks for letting me know. I’ll keep a look out for the update when it becomes available.