HOI .ttf file messes up MacOS Ventura

Hi all,

Ran in to a bit of a problem here. I was experimenting with a Higher Order Interpolation font with a cubic curve (so in total 8 masters) in Glyphs app. When I exported the variable .ttf and selected it in the Finder folder, Finder crashed and relaunched. After that any application I will open will either be not responding on starting or after a few seconds of using the application.

Does anyone have ever experienced something similar? Or does anyone have any ideas how to fix this?

I already reinstalled MacOS Ventura without a backup and exported only that .ttf, but with the same results.

Cheers

Difficult to tell want is going wrong and where. Could you send us the file, either the TTF or better yet the Glyphs file and the version number of Glyphs that you used to export the TTF. Either as a private message here on the Forum or to .

There might be something wrong with the exported font. But that shouldn’t crash the system. Can you please make a bug report at https://feedbackassistant.apple.com/
Or send us the file and we do it.

I have sent both files.
Thanks for looking into it!

So I figured out that Finder only crashes on the Columns and Gallery view when the file is selected. So I guess it has something to do with the preview?