How to connect / join

Hi guys I was wondering if there’s a way to connect the node? I try remove overlap it doesn’t work. Please help.

You would first have to expand outline. But you don’t need to do this, because it is done automatically during export.

You cannot connect the node of the middle path to the outside path, because the path needs a start and an end. If you connected it, the path would have multiple ends. As Rainer wrote, don’t worry about it, it will automatically become one outline when exported. It’s actually better to keep it separate in order to control the design elements better.

Hi thank you! I was wondering if theres a way to round off the inner corner like this one? (Disclaimer i did the other one in illustrator and exported it in glyphs).

Two ways:

1. Turn on View > Show Nodes > Extra Nodes and add corner components (there’s a tutorial) on the extra nodes. This works for variable font exports too.

2. Post process the font with a custom parameter for the Round Corner filter. This only works for static fonts though.

1 Like